I have removed the flash versions of the telnet client on the website and replaced with an HTML5 HTTPS Websockets only applet. All connections to the BBS from this website are 100% encrypted. Downloading and uploading files works as well through the applet, which was the only reason I was keeping the flash version around. If you are connecting via telnet client instead of the applet, your connections are not encrypted. Just a heads up.
I have enabled RIPScrip support on the BBS. Although most will never use it, it’s nice to have the option. Currently all menus are stock, but the mouse does work.
There are some small issues with the door games that do support RIP, sometimes the mouse is not over what the game expects to be a button. LORD does this sometimes where you have to move the mouse below the button and click. I am not sure what is causing this problem currently.
If you have a RIPScrip enabled telnet client like RIPTel or RIPTerm running inside a DOSBox give it a shot. You can connect with any telnet client to the main address: telnet://ssl.archaicbinary.net
Still up and running!
Just a status report.
Moved both servers (all nodes) to use NFS instead of Samba mapped drive in Windows 2000. Moved entire database and files to NAS. I’ll be looking for problems with this setup for the next