Information, Updates, and Communications about Archaic Binary BBS.
I will be upgrading the BBS server software, and migrating all information over starting October 1st, 2017.
I have been working on the server for a few weeks now, and have everything ready. The waiting time will be migration of user accounts into the new server. The BBS will be down for around an hour.
Users that have not logged in for the last 60 days will be removed.
Decided to sit down and add some long waited features I have been thinking about for the BBS. Almost all these changes revolve around security.
1. The Reddit Reader has returned. It has a few minor bugs that deal with the text placement on the screen but nothing major.
2. Secure Connection Lockdown has been implemented. If you want to be able to login using SSH/WSS/TOR only, it will no longer allow you to login use Unencrypted methods (Telnet/WS)
3. 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) has been implemented. Any apps/programs that are compatible with Google Authenticator or Authy will work. Standard TOTP style keys.
4. New “Profile Settings” can be found on the main menu, it contains the two security features listed above allowing you to toggle them on and off.
5. Password Recovery email address can now be specified in the Profile Settings menu. Although not required, it will allow me to reset passwords if you forget them.
As always if you have any issues, comments, complains, questions about the BBS you can contact me via Comments below, email, or the BBS itself.
Looks like my host is having some routing issues with the IP block that is dedicated to the BBS server. I have tickets in and hopefully will be solved soon. Not everyone may be affected, but somewhere they are dropping packets to a specific IP block, but not all my blocks.
I recently joined and not having a Synchronet BBS I had to make my own client to work with their service. As promised I am also releasing the source.
It is written in C# against .NET 2.0 and *might* work in mono on linux. You will have to test.
Update: I made a small change to the dropped carrier handling and disconnections. The door should now handle dropped carrier and exit correctly. Let me know if you have issues.
Update: Removed Github links.