Decided to sit down and add some long waited features I have been thinking about for the BBS. Almost all these changes revolve around security.
1. The Reddit Reader has returned. It has a few minor bugs that deal with the text placement on the screen but nothing major.
2. Secure Connection Lockdown has been implemented. If you want to be able to login using SSH/WSS/TOR only, it will no longer allow you to login use Unencrypted methods (Telnet/WS)
3. 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) has been implemented. Any apps/programs that are compatible with Google Authenticator or Authy will work. Standard TOTP style keys.
4. New “Profile Settings” can be found on the main menu, it contains the two security features listed above allowing you to toggle them on and off.
5. Password Recovery email address can now be specified in the Profile Settings menu. Although not required, it will allow me to reset passwords if you forget them.
As always if you have any issues, comments, complains, questions about the BBS you can contact me via Comments below, email, or the BBS itself.
A work in progress list of 2.0 new features and changes is available. I think that has most of the changes, but it’s definitely missing some. If you notice anything that was missed, please leave a comment. We’ll be adding to it as we review the list more in the coming days.
A beta of 2.0 is available from the pfSense download page
This is not an article on how to hack into this unit remotely. This will probably void any warranty, or contracts that you hold with Barracuda. The unit I worked on was dead, not physically, but the software on the drive was shot, even the recovery partition loaded from Barracuda would not boot correctly.
Unit: Barracuda Spyware Firewall 210
Hack Type: BIOS Password
Password: 322232 (If that does not work try, 000100 or 32020000 or 3321)
Hope it helps others attempting this.
After Hack: I have successfully installed Archlinux on this 1U server. I do not like the fact of having two Ethernet ports on the front of the server, and one in the back. But I will only use the rear port anyway.
Ethernet Front: eth0 and eth1
Ethernet Rear: eth2