Security Relearn Procedure Steps for Vehicles with Vehicle Theft Deterrent (VTD)
GM Cars, known working on 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
1. Attempt to start the car by turning the key to the Start/Run Position.
2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and that the security light is illuminated.
3. Release key to the ‘On/Accessory’ Position. (Do NOT turn the key to the ‘off’ position.)
4. Allow the vehicle to sit in the ‘On/Accessory’ Position for NO LESS then 15 minutes.
5. Turn key to off position and allow the vehicle to remain in the ‘OFF’ position for NO LESS then 30 seconds.
6. Repeat #1 through #5 for 3 cycles.
7. On 4th attempt, car should start.
Properly executed, this procedure should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.